- Support querying/setting operating system and external attributes.
- For newly added files, set operating system to UNIX, permissions to 0666 (0777 for directories).
- Fix bug when writing zip archives containing files bigger than 4GB.
- Fix bugs in zip_set_file_compression().
- Include Xcode build infrastructure.
- Added Zip64 support (large file support)
- Added UTF-8 support for file names, file comments, and archive comments
- Changed API for name and comment related functions for UTF-8 support
- Added zip_discard()
- Added ZIP_TRUNCATE for zip_open()
- Added zip_set_file_compression()
- Added API for accessing and modifying extra fields
- Improved API type consistency
- Use gcc4’s visibility __attribute__
- More changes for Windows support
- Additional test cases
- Fixed CVE-2012-1162
- Fixed CVE-2012-1163
- Added zip_get_num_entries(), deprecated zip_get_num_files().
- Better windows support.
- Support for traditional PKWARE encryption added.
- Fix opening archives with more than 65535 entries.
- Fix some memory leaks.
- Fix cmake build and installation
- Fix memory leak in error case in zip_open()
- Fixed CVE-2011-0421 (no security implications though)
- More documentation.
- Include m4/ directory in distribution; some packagers need it.
- Avoid passing uninitialized data to deflate().
- Fix memory leak when closing zip archives.
- Fix infinite loop on reading some broken files.
- Optimization in time conversion (don’t call localtime()).
- Clear data descriptor flag in central directory, fixing Open Office files.
- Allow more than 64k entries.
Commits to the libzip repository are now also available via a mailing list. To subscribe, send a mail with the subject
subscribe libzip-changes to minimalist at nih.at.
There is now a discussion mailing list for developers using libzip. You can subscribe to it by sending a mail with the subject
subscribe libzip-discuss to minimalist at nih.at.
The web page has been improved and new features have been added:
The repository browser is now integrated into the website; mailing list archives have been added; and news, release announcements and commits are available as RSS feeds.
- on Windows, explictly set dllimport/dllexport
- remove erroneous references to GPL
- add support for torrentzip
- new functions: zip_get_archive_flag, zip_set_archive_flag
- zip_source_zip: add flag to force recompression
- zip_sorce_file: only keep file open while reading from it
- fix for zip archives larger than 2GiB
- fix zip_error_strerror to include libzip error string
- add support for reading streamed zip files
- new functions: zip_add_dir, zip_error_clear, zip_file_error_clear
- add basic support for building with CMake (incomplete)
- bugfix for zip_close
- struct zip_stat increased for future encryption support
- zip_add return value changed (now returns new index of added file)
- shared library major bump because of previous two
- added functions for reading and writing file and archive comments. New functions: zip_get_archive_comment, zip_get_file_comment, zip_set_archive_comment, zip_set_file_comment, zip_unchange_archive