compare contents of zip archives
zipcmpcompares the zip archives or directories archive1 and archive2 and checks if they contain the same files, comparing their names, uncompressed sizes, and CRCs. File order and compressed size differences are ignored.
- Check consistency of archives. Results in an error if archive is inconsistent or not valid according to the zip specification.
- Display a short help message and exit.
- Compare names ignoring case distinctions.
- Enable paranoid checks. Compares extra fields, comments, and other meta data. (Automatically disabled if one of the archives is a directory.) These checks are skipped for files where the data differs.
- Quiet mode. Compare
- Print a summary of how many files where added and removed.
- Test zip files by comparing the contents to their checksums.
- Display version information and exit.
- Verbose mode. Print details about differences to stdout. (This is the default.)
zipcmpexits 0 if the two archives contain the same files, 1 if they differ, and >1 if an error occurred.
zipcmpwas added in libzip 0.6.