From: "Lubomir I. Ivanov" <neolit123%gmail.com@localhost>
To: Erwin Haid <Erwin.Haid%gmx.de@localhost>
Subject: Re: compile libzip for windows embedded compact 2013
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 22:13:24 +0200

On 6 February 2018 at 21:20, Erwin Haid <Erwin.Haid%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i'm having problems to compile libzip for windows embedded compact 2013.
>
> 1.) Some WinAPI functions are not available
> - GetFileType
> - SetFilePointerEx
> - GetFileSizeEx
> - MoveFileEx
>
> 2.) Some CRT functions are not supported
> e.g. stat/fstat, see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn197916.aspx
> The types and function prototypes are defined, but the linker complains about
> the missing functions.
>
> Did anyone already had the same problem and knows a solution?
>
> Otherwise i'll try to replace the "...Ex" functions with their counterparts
> without the "Ex" and write own implementations for the missing CRT functions.

hi,

i think that the Windows support for libzip was not developed with
Windows CE (embedded compact) in mind.
i cannot confirm this, but you might be the first user to require
support for the platform, so there might not be demand for this at
all.
maybe the maintainers can say more on the subject.

for this to work someone needs to contribute code that works for both
Windows and Windows CE.
this can cause regressions so hopefully the unit tests will catch them.

i guess i can help if you have questions about specific function.
also, if you eventually get the point of submitting a Github Pull
Request for this change, mention me and i can help with a review:
@neolit123

lubomir
--

Made by MHonArc.