From: "Peter Bohning" <peter.bohning%gmx.com@localhost>
To: "Benjamin Eikel" <benjamin%eikel.org@localhost>, libzip-discuss%nih.at@localhost
Subject: Re: mingw errors 1.3.0 1.4.0
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2018 17:29:43 +0100

I don't know why I'm compiling Cmake either.  But certainly it should be just as easy to compile something from distributed source with a working development environment as it should be to download binary files that may or may not be appropriate.  Regardless of whether something like cmake is a reasonable solution to development for multiple platforms, certainly a compiler knows more of what platform it's on than do binary files.

Your experience aside, clearly cmake is less than perfect given the difficulties I have on a relatively standard setup, and I think my point still stands that it's potentially unnecessary.