From: Dieter Baron <dillo%nih.at@localhost>
To: Peter Bohning <peter.bohning%gmx.com@localhost>
Subject: Re: mingw errors 1.3.0 1.4.0
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 14:06:55 +0100

hi,

On 04.01.2018, at 03:04 , Peter Bohning <peter.bohning%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:

And libzip is not that complicated.  What does it need cmake for anyway?  Just for fun?  Just to stay trendy?

We need to check which functions and types the platform libzip is compiled on supports. There are two common tools to do this: autoconf/automake and cmake. Since we want to support Windows and autoconf needs sh(1) (which is not available on Windows), cmake is our only practical option.

BTW, I would really appreciate it if you could tone it down a little; you come across as rather aggressive.

yours,
dillo

Made by MHonArc.