From: "Peter Bohning" <peter.bohning%gmx.com@localhost>
To: "Lubomir I. Ivanov" <neolit123%gmail.com@localhost>, libzip-discuss%nih.at@localhost
Subject: Re: mingw errors 1.3.0 1.4.0
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 03:04:13 +0100

mingw-get version 0.6.2-beta-20131004-1 and cmake is not available.

and clearly cmake is not that portable since it won't compile and it segmentation faults when I try.  and seeing the complexity of the compilation process for cmake, I think if you can compile cmake, you don't need it.  But more importantly, if make isn't portable, someone should make it portable.  Not write a whole other setup to waste people's time downloading and compiling it and writing about all the errors it causes.

And libzip is not that complicated.  What does it need cmake for anyway?  Just for fun?  Just to stay trendy?