From: Pavel Raiskup <praiskup%redhat.com@localhost>
To: libzip-discuss%nih.at@localhost
Subject: Re: Build system changes
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 17:44:47 +0100

On Friday, December 8, 2017 3:38:50 PM CET Thomas Klausner wrote:
> For a long time, we have been maintaining two build systems for
> libzip: one based on autoconf/automake and one using CMake.
>
> The maintenance of two systems lead to various items not being
> correctly handled in both systems, due to oversight and errors. And it
> came with a cost in time and effort.
>
> For that reason, we have retired the autoconf/automake based build
> system and will now only support the CMake one.

Hmm, a bit sad to me (bootstrapping issues, you need to have cmake
installed to build libzip now).

Also, e.g. Fedora/RHEL packaging of libzip historically depends on
autoconf's ./configure (and it would surprise if any other GNU/Linux
distro did differently).  This could trigger a lot of work on packager's
side.

So I would prefer keeping only autoconf if I had to make the decision, but I
understand you...

Thanks for your work,
Pavel

Made by MHonArc.