From: Thomas Klausner <tk%giga.or.at@localhost>
To: Michał Janiszewski <janisozaur%gmail.com@localhost>
Subject: Re: vcpkg support/static builds
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 12:46:57 +0200

Hi Michal!

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 11:35:04PM +0200, Michał Janiszewski wrote:
> Together with some other people we are working on a project, OpenRCT2.
> We use libzip there and have found it to be somewhat problematic to build a
> configuration we want for Windows, which is a static build.
> Ted, our lead dev and all-around Windows guy, has submitted a request to
> have libzip packaged for vcpkg: https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg/pull/1305
> As we are not so well-versed in CMake, can you please take a look at this
> change and consider upstreaming relevant parts?

Please take another look at README.md :)
Quoting:

> When using a static Windows library, you need to define `ZIP_STATIC`
> when compiling packages using libzip.

I'm pretty sure that the new ZIP_EXTERN_OVERRIDE does nothing else,
and you should use ZIP_STATIC instead.

If ZIP_STATIC is not working for you, please tell us more details.

I've added a cmake ENABLE_STATIC option that builds the static library
instead of the shared one, per your suggestion.

Thanks,
 Thomas

Made by MHonArc.