From: Thomas Klausner <tk%giga.or.at@localhost>
To: "Jay Freeman (saurik)" <saurik%saurik.com@localhost>
Subject: Re: libzip does not use EOCD nentry field in PK-WARE compatible way
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 14:08:48 +0200

Hi Jay!

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 08:54:49PM +0000, Jay Freeman (saurik) wrote:
> Hello! I am wanting to use libzip on a zip file which contains more than 65k
> entries. The files in question are widely distributed and generated by Apple:
> they are OTA updates for the iPhone. There is no issue unzipping them using
> Apple's tooling, and in particular there is no issue working with them using
> PK-WARE's unzip utility. Here is a link to download an example file (note
> that this is 1.4GB large).

Interesting that there are still some tools nowadays that generate
such files. I thought they had all transitioned to zip64 support by
now.

Btw, what are you doing with these files? :)

> Is it possible to have libzip support reading these files?

We have just added support for that (and a couple of test cases) to
libzip's hg version.

Thanks for your patch. We looked at it and decided to do it in a less
intrusive way. (Growing entries is different enough in the two cases
that conflating it does not help.)

We've tested the file you referenced and it can be opened with libzip
now.

Thanks,
 Thomas & Dillo

Made by MHonArc.