From: Thomas Klausner <tk%giga.or.at@localhost>
To: Boaz Stolk <bstolk%aweta.nl@localhost>
Subject: Re: Seek error when libzip is compiled with CMake
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 23:24:24 +0100

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 03:42:25PM +0000, Boaz Stolk wrote:
> I am encountering the following issue when libzip is compiled with the
> Makefiles that CMake has generated.
>
> When I do a zip_fopen_index on an (successfully opened archive),
> zip_fopen_index returns NULL and the error is: Seek error: Value too large
> for defined data type.
>
> Note that this does *not* occur when I build libzip using autoconf /
> configure.
>
> System:
> CentOS 6.6 (Final)
> Kernel Linux 2.6.32-504.16.2.el6.x86_64

The intention was to provide CMake for Windows and let the other
systems that can deal with it use the configure script, that's why you
see problems like this.

In this particular case, I think autoconf is smart enough to test for
various #defines that might be necessary to get proper large file
support (see --enable-largefile). I think it tries _FILE_OFFSET_BITS
and _LARGE_FILES. I guess one or both might be needed on CentOS?

If you are interested in this, perhaps you can come up with a patch
for the cmake files that checks for these as well?

Thanks,
 Thomas

Made by MHonArc.