zip_close() function writes any changes made to archive to disk. If archive contains no files, the file is completely removed (no empty archive is written). If successful, archive is freed. Otherwise archive is left unchanged and must still be freed.
To close and free a zip archive without saving changes, use zip_discard(3).
Progress updates for GUIs can be implemented using
Cancelling the write of an archive during
can be implemented using
zip_close() will fail if:
- Unexpected end-of-file found while reading from a file.
- The callback function of an added or replaced file returned an error but failed to report which.
- The path argument is
- Required memory could not be allocated.
- File is not a zip archive.
- A file read failed.
- A temporary file could not be renamed to its final name.
- A file seek failed.
- A temporary file could not be created.
- A file write failed.
- An error occurred while (de)compressing a stream with zlib(3).
zip_close() was added in libzip 0.6.
zip_close. When you open the same file again, it will be a completely new zip_t structure.